Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I take up my pencil and start drawing lines on the paper. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just enjoying the shapes that appear as I move my hand. I'm completely zoned out. There's no contact with the real world whatsoever. I breath slowly, as the lines jump with my hand. Just pointless squiggles, that's all they are, but still. They offer peace and comfort. They really do! And I can't help but wonder: Why the fuck is it like that? Why does drawing squiggles give people the calamity they need?
I pondered on that silently, watching my hand move. The paper getting smeared with my "thoughts". And then I realize.
People don't only enjoy drawing squiggles do they? It's just the easiest thing to do! What we enjoy is actually creation of something. We must have some sort of god-complex that gives us the need to create. To see our creation. Not just thoughts, but see them come to life.
To fulfill our urges we turn to squiggles and tell ourselves we did something great, but the truth is that... We only rarely create something worth the time it took to create it. Sad, but true.
Wish I could create something worthwhile. All I've been doing, in the meantime of drawing squiggles, is creating cities and nations and civilizations in computer games. But still, it satisfies my weird god-complex perversion. You do it too, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment